Ford Cortina - All curves, no brakes

• September 21, 2019, 07:40:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New site setup for everyone to have a play. Have a look around and let us know what you think.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2019, 07:40:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

7 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: TD Cortina advertisment.  (Read 805 times)

Karu

• View Profile
TD Cortina advertisment.
« on: May 06, 2014, 09:21:29 PM »

I have an original advertisement pamphlet from Ford Australia. It is the original TD Cortina.
"New-sized Cortina. The happy medium."
It is the first model with the metal grill. It begins with. Completely new from road to roof. The TC Cortina is totally new. It goes on to say In length it is a foot shorter than a regular-sized 6 cylinder car.
Then it goes through the models. The XL which has an all new 2000cc overhead cam 112 hp engine.  It has the fake woodgrain on the instruments and glove box with "Saddle trim."
On the next page it has the model L which has the 1600cc engine and optional high back front bench seat.
On the next page is the XL & L wagon, both with the 2000cc & 1600cc.
I was alive and well when the TC first appeared and I remember well the XLE with the almighty 250 cubic inch 6 cyl and the XL with the 200 cubic inch 6 cyl.
Does anyone know when the decision was made by Ford Australia to replace the 4 cylinders with the 6's?
Does anyone know when this beautifully made 10 page pamphlet was placed in Ford dealerships and when the Cortina hit the showrooms?
Does anyone know how rare this booklet is? Thanks.
My parents had the 200 cube XL and my boss had the 250 cube XLE. I must be honest and say I did not like the look back then, but now I reckon they are one of the greatest looking cars. Unfortunately I don't see enough. In 1980 I had a 250 TE Ghia. What a great car that was, I could fishtail it all day and never lose control. I will remember it forever more, and if I find another TE or TC I will snap it up. 

Karu

• View Profile
Re: TD Cortina advertisment.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 07:21:32 PM »

Also I have noticed that neither model has twin headlights.

BigNorm

• Administrator
  • Has no life
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spyderbyte.com.au
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 10:25:46 PM »

have u got a photo of the pamphlet?

only the tc had twin headlights. they ditched the look in favour of square lights by the time the td came around.

Karu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 10:42:41 AM »

I will put a photo up. The XLE had twin headlights as we know, but this pamphlet covers the original TC, but it must have been very early on before someone decided to put the 6 cylinders in and create an XLE.

Karu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 07:24:13 PM »

I remember well those days when I had the program Paint on my computer, but then one day I bought a new one which unfortunately came with the terrible Windows 8. Of course Windows 8 doesn't come with any programs just Apps which I have to purchase, and even if I don't have to purchase them I never have enough broadband to download anything. So why am I telling you this? I just took some photos of my pamphlet but they are still too large to work here. I used to put them in Paint and make them smaller. Do not ever buy Windows 8, it even frustrates this very calm and collected man.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012