Ford Cortina - goes like a chinese sweat shop, flat out and no breaks

• September 21, 2019, 07:11:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New site setup for everyone to have a play. Have a look around and let us know what you think.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2019, 07:11:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

8 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: te wagon conversion  (Read 2438 times)

reaper33

• View Profile
te wagon conversion
« on: May 27, 2016, 08:44:03 PM »

hi guy ive look through the site ive just got a 77 te wagon 6 cyl ive spoken to regency an have paper to put a rb26 dett into it bvut i need to do some upgrading i seen hopperstoppers do the front upgrade but ill need to do master cyl an rear disc the car isnt going to be made over night itll be a slow process an i must say before i get roasted why a rb26 my first car was a 77 wagon 250 crossflow then i got into imports i can put a import engine in easyer than a v8 as its more work in engineering as suspension needs to be done an reinforcing  so ive chossen this way as i can get good power out of t he engine so im seing if there is any way to upgrade the rear myself

winton

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: te wagon conversion
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 10:35:06 PM »

I built a diff using r31 skyline axles and brakes and plan to use all r31 brakes but haven't got that far yet. I don't know if regency would approve what I did as it is about 25mm shorter each side. Would think you would need to keep the same track to pass. All the bw disk offsets I have looked at are about 15mm shorter then the drum offset, so that would be an issue. If regency says the track has to stay the same you will probably have to have the ends welded off a el/f ( or similar ) and have the axles resplinded to fit and comply with the rules. The standard 25 spline axles are shit too so you need to upgrade to 28 spline. You have lodged a MR620 form then?

reaper33

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 10:41:43 PM »

thanks champ i have seen your post ive been given a rough plan from them i need to get a rb26 for the engine number before they will give me full approval so been saving like hell an going through there list like emisson control eg cats stock engine output braking requirements
ive been doing a bit on the body but want to get a move on the 5 stud con an disc upgrade

winton

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 10:56:46 PM »

Yeah I should probably update that how to thread on the diff as I have changed a few things with the diff and would probably do a few things a little different. Always saying it but I really need to pull my finger out and get the forty going again.
Which side of Adelaide you in? I'm ttg area

reaper33

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 11:11:57 PM »

im south of Adelaide i want to get her finished an ready in a year but ill be doing all the work so itll blow out

winton

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 11:36:46 PM »

Just a thought. You could build a diff the same as I did and add a spacer between the disk and axle flange to get the track the same. Dont think regencey would approve but they may not notice it hidden in behind the disk. Use a standard type screw to hold it all together when the wheels are off. Obviously you can get the axles redrilled to the falcon pattern and from memory I think the el/f studs have a long sholder on the studs so would help with the spacer. Then remove the spacer after approval to fit more dish.

winton

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 01:18:20 AM »

Just realised that probably won't work because the center locating shoulder won't protrude through the disks enough.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 01:19:57 AM by winton »

reaper33

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 06:28:17 PM »

cheer for that champ by the looks of it ill be sending it off to a diff builder an ill hopefully be able to get him to set up plates to take airbag suspention

TinyPortal © 2005-2012